1and1 and BlueHost are two historical web hosting providers with over 10 years of experience in the industry. As they both provide awesome Drupal hosting packages with rich features, affordable price and excellent performance, many people feel hard to pick up a suitable one for their websites.
In order to help our readers make the thing easily, we are going to compare them side by side, including compatibility, hosting plans & prices, technologies, speed, uptime, and technical support. By analyzing their differences and commons clearly, you can be easy to make a choice according to your needs.
1and1 Drupal Hosting Review
Started from 1997, 1and1 is an experienced company that offers domain names, web hosting, VPS hosting, website solutions and eCommerce solutions. It provides reliable Drupal web hosting on both Linux and Windows platforms, which is servicing for thousands of people online.
1and1 Drupal hosting comes with 3 plans: Basic, Unlimited and Performance. Pricing from $5.99/mo regularly, the company is now offering big sale and enables customers to start at $0.99/mo, $5.99/mo and $10.99/mo promotionally for the first 12 months, and then charges for the regular price continually.
|Disk Space||10 GB||100 GB||Unlimited|
|MySQL 5 Databases||1||20||Unlimited|
|Memory||0.3 GB||0.6 GB||1.2 GB||Control Panel||Custom||Custom||Custom|
The Basic package is suitable for basic online presence, including only 100 GB disk space, 2 hosted website, 20 MySQL databases, and 100 Email accounts. Alternatively, customers who have more advanced requirements can choose Unlimited or Performance package, which comes with unlimited features and more expensive price.
BlueHost Drupal Hosting Review
Founded in 1996, BlueHost has been offering Drupal web hosting for nearly 17 years and been a leader in the field. It provides an all-in-one Drupal hosting package and include all necessary features within this package. So customers can freely choose this package to power blogs, communities, and business websites.
Pricing for $7.99/mo regularly, now BlueHost offers high to 63% discount for customers going through this promotional link, allowing them to purchase the service at $2.95/mo effectively. Besides, the service also includes 1 free domain name, $100 Google AdWords credits, and a large number of free templates & plugins.
Moreover, be confident for its hosting performance, the company is powerful for guaranteeing 99.9% uptime and fast loading speed. It supports for customers 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Once customers have any unsatisfactory or want to cancel their accounts, they can get a refund at any time.
The Differences Between 1and1 VS BlueHost
After learning about two companies’ service thoroughly, we can learn about that there are many differences set them apart. See some typical ones in the below list.
- BlueHost Drupal hosting is only based on Linux platform while all 1and1 plans can be ordered either with Linux or Windows server.
- 1and1 provides upgradeable plans, each of which comes with limited features and difference price. However, BlueHost offers a single Drupal hosting package and equips it with unlimited features.
- The Drupal service of BlueHost is 35% cheaper than that of 1and1 (Unlimited plan), coming with anytime money back guarantee, but 1and1 only promises 30 days money back.
|Money Back||30 days||Anytime|
|How to Claim||Not Recommended||Link Activation|
- BlueHost integrates the most user-friendly cPanel with Drupal hosting package while 1and1 develops its custom control panel for customers.
- BlueHost supports some advanced technologies like SSH, Ruby on Rails, Python w/FastCGI, Perl w/FastCGI, PostgreSQL, etc, which are not available on 1and1.
- BlueHost offers professional technical support via phone, live chat and email ticket, but 1and1 doesn’t support online chat.
- BlueHost is 137% faster than 1and1 on the server responding time.
The Commons Between 1and1 VS BlueHost
In addition to the differences, two companies come with many similarities that make people confused to make the right choice.
- BlueHost and 1and1 both offer a large discount for the new customers in the initial term, enabling people to start at quite affordable price.
- Two companies both include 1 free domain within hosting package, along with hundreds of credits for Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo | Bing, and so on.
- They both provide a powerful 99.9% uptime guarantee to ensure the online website keeping online.
Conclusion – BlueHost is Better than 1and1!
Based on a comprehensive analysis above, we can clearly see that BlueHost offers better Drupal web hosting service than 1and1. With an affordable price, advanced features, 99.9% uptime, fast loading speed and professional support, BlueHost Drupal Hosting is an excellent choice for powering personal and business websites.