This comparison of 1and VS GoDaddy comes out their differences and similarities on Drupal hosting service, to help readers have a clear and in-depth understanding and easily make a choice for their websites. We have written 1and1 Review and GoDaddy Review before, today we contrast two companies on pricing, Drupal features, speed, uptime, and customer service.
1and1 VS GoDaddy – Overview
1and and GoDaddy are two of the largest companies in the world, offering a series of online services, including domain names, website solutions, hosting services, servers, email service, eCommerce solutions, and more.
1and1 is an experienced web hosting provider founded in 1997 while GoDaddy is started in 1997 as a domain name registrar and began to offer web hosting service from 2004. In the following, we come out an overall comparison table to showcase the ratings of their reputation, products, pricing, features, reliability, performance, and technical support.
- 1and1 Drupal Hosting – 1and1 offers 3 Drupal web hosting plans based on both Linux and Windows platforms. Named as Basic, Unlimited and Performance, the services are pricing for $0.99/mo, $5.99/mo and $10.99/mo promotionally, $4/mo off the regular price.
- GoDaddy Drupal Hosting – GoDaddy also offers 3 hosting packages for Drupal websites, named as Economy, Deluxe and Ultimate. Pricing from $3.49/mo and 50% off the regular price, these plans are suitable for individuals and small to medium-sized businesses.
The Differences between 1and1 VS GoDaddy
Although 1and1 and GoDaddy have similar background and products, they still have many differences on Drupal hosting services, which sets them apart from each other when making a choice between the two.
- Two companies both offer affordable Drupal hosting service, but the most obvious difference still comes from the pricing. 1and1 service is starting from an extremely low price – $0.99/mo, but it only applies for the first year, and then renews at $5.99/mo. GoDaddy Drupal hosting pricing from $3.49/mo, 50% off the original price but still 71% more expensive than 1and1.
- With upgradable plans, both companies limit the features for basic plans and encourage to purchase high-level package. In comparison, they are both less-featured than some professional web hosts, like BlueHost, JustHost and HostGator. The below table showcases the features of 1and1, GoDaddy and BlueHost, check out the differences.
- As many webmasters take the control panel into consideration when choosing a Drupal hosting plan, 1and1 develops custom control panel but GoDaddy utilizes the most popular cPanel, which enables users easily to manage their accounts, domains, files, databases, and websites.
- 1and1 service is highlighted for the optional CloudFlare CDN service, which speeds up load times of web content. However, GoDaddy doesn’t provide any CDN service.
- GoDaddy Drupal hosting all integrates with CloudLinux OS and along with SSH Access, Premium DNS and SSL Certificate for security.
- Both companies guarantee 99.9% uptime to ensure the reliability and promise deliver fast speed. However, 1and1 is a little bit faster than GoDaddy according to the statistics in the past 30 days. Till, they are both much slower than BlueHost, which responds about 320 ms averagely.
|Plan in Comparison||Basic||Economy||Basic|
|Disk Space||100 GB||100 GB||Unlimited|
|PHP & Python & Perl|
|Money Back||30 days||30 days||Anytime|
|How To Claim||Link Activation||Link Activation||Link Activation|
The Commons between 1and1 VS GoDaddy
To be honest, the Drupal hosting service of 1and1 and GoDaddy are very similar. Here we discuss their commons in the below list.
- Two companies both offer three-level Drupal hosting plans, and both are designed for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Their basic plans are both limited with one website allowed on one account, along with 100 GB disk space, unlimited bandwidth, 100 Email accounts and other limitations.
- Both companies promise 30 days money back, so customers can get pro-rated refund if they cancel their accounts within 30 days.
- Two companies offer 24/7 technical support and allow customers to contact them through phone and email. Besides, they also build online Support Center on the official website. However, none of them supports customers via live chat.
Conclusion & Alternative Choices
After the in-depth comparison between 1and1 and GoDaddy, we can see they have a lot of commons as well as differences. Although they are affordable and upgradable, they both have shortages on performance and customer services, which are important factors for hosting service.
For customers who expect quality Drupal hosting solutions with affordable price, high performance and professional support, we would recommend going to the below companies instead of making a choice from them two. BlueHost, JustHost, and HostGator are three reputable and professional web hosts that provide excellent Drupal service for both individuals and businesses.