Both providing varied hosting services to users with different needs, A2Hosting and Site5 have built a reputation in the industry. According to our reviews, most of their services are priced reasonably, and they provide quite rich features to help users carry out their website building and optimization plans.
For the comparison between A2Hosting and Site5, we only selected the popular shared hosting plans in order to analyze the cost-effectiveness, support and performance. And as a result, A2Hosting won the competitor in almost all these things.
In below, you can get detailed comparisons of the costs, features, performance and support.
How Much You Should Pay & What You Can Get from Them?
When buying a new thing, you should always take the price, discount, features, and refund guarantee into consideration. And these are what we will discuss here.
A2Hosting has larger discounts
With A2Hosting, you get 3 choices of the hosting plan. These plans are priced from $7.99/mo to $18.99/mo when there is no discount, but at present, they can be bought with a 51% discount, from $3.92/mo to $9.31/mo.
Site5 also provides 3 plans whose regular prices start from $5.95/mo to $13.95/mo. If you select the 24-month billing cycle, the costs will reduce to $4.95/mo – $11.95/mo automatically.
When they are compared, A2Hosting is a cheaper choice if you are going to try their services for the first time. Besides, we do think this company is the more affordable option because:
- It provides free SSDs which are charged by many other hosting providers.
- All the hosting plans include free CloudFlare CDN.
- Free website transfers, offsite backups, shared SSL certificate, $50 Bing ad credits and Attracta SEO tools are available.
Both have a reliable refund guarantee
In terms of the money back guarantee, there is a difference between A2Hosting and Site5, but generally speaking, both of them are reliable in this aspect.
- A2Hosting: Full refund within 30 days and pro-rated refund after 30 days.
- Site5: Full refund within 45 days, with no pro-rated refund.
A2Hosting is richer in features
Both of A2Hosting and Site5 provide limited resources in the entry plans to meet the needs of beginners, and offer unlimited resources in the other plans. While in all their plans, there are unlimited storage and bandwidth, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, cPanel, Softaculous installer, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, SSI, SSH, and many other advanced features.
However, A2Hosting does provide many more features for the advanced users. You can learn the details in this comparison table.
|Claim It||Link Activation||–|
How About Their Hosting Performance?
A2Hosting and Site5 use secure servers, network infrastructure and data centers, since there have been no major attacks reported against them. But still, the uptime and speed need exploration.
Both have good uptime
The servers used by A2Hosting and Site5 are quite reliable. For example, they are purchased from brands like Dell, and the data stored on them is protected by a RAID 1 or RAID 10 configuration. Combined with the redundant data center power, full network capacity and automated backups, those servers can guarantee a good uptime. That’s why the two web hosts can achieve 99.9% uptime during our monitoring.
But due to the utilization of the ultra-reliable CloudLinux operating system, regular security check and constant optimization, A2Hosting is a little better than Site5 in uptime. Here is A2Hosting uptime.
A2Hosting servers and networks are much faster
A2Hosting has made a lot of efforts to improve the performance of its servers and network. The following new technologies and methods are all available.
- SSDs for the OS, databases, and files.
- CloudFlare CDN with nearly 30 data center locations around the world.
- High-performance servers with 64 GB RAM minimum.
- US, Europe and Asia data centers.
During our monitoring, A2Hosting performed better than most shared hosting providers, including Site5. In fact, Site5 is not slow, either, but its server response time is at least 40% longer than that of A2Hosting.
Do They Offer Good Technical Support?
The similarities between A2Hosting and Site5 in technical support are the same rich support channels which include a ticket system, live chat and phone. The differences, however, lie in the support response time and the professionalism of their support agents.
- The phone support offered by A2Hosting is available throughout all days, but that of Site5 is restricted to Monday to Friday through 10am – 6pm EST.
- The A2Hosting support team replies tickets in a consistent and quick way, and the support agents show their professional knowledge clearly. However, Site5 ticket support is widely criticized for the low efficiency and lack of a good attitude. If there are several replies in a ticket, the Site5 support staff may not read through all of them.
Conclusion – A2Hosting Is the Recommended One
A2Hosting and Site5 are widely-heard names for web hosting, but when they are compared, A2Hosting wins the battle because of the higher ratings in speed, features and support. Also, the promise of anytime money back makes it good to try A2Hosting shared hosting services.