Arvixe is a medium-sized web hosting provider offering a series of personal, business, reseller, VPS and dedicated web hosting solutions to thousands of individuals, small businesses and enterprises. It focuses on a wide range of hosting services, such as WordPress hosting, Joomla hosting, Drupal hosting, OpenCart hosting, and more based on both Linux and Windows platforms.
As Arvixe is comprehensive, some customers are confused whether it is professional for Drupal hosting service. In this article, we mainly review the Arvixe Drupal hosting.
Industry Reputation & Customer Satisfaction Rate
Founded in 2003 as a private held limited liability corporation, Arvixe has grown fast in the recent years. The most appealing part of the company’s hosting solutions is the cheap prices which are quite competitive in the industry. But on the other hand, there are many drawbacks existing, among which the poor uptime and bad technical support are the most significant.
Due to those drawbacks, Arvixe has gotten low customer satisfaction rates. Among the over 100 Arvixe customers that have submitted their reviews, over 50% of them are not satisfied with the company’s hosting services. What’s worse, the company gains many 1 star out of 5 for the uptime and technical support.
Arvixe Drupal Hosting Pricing
Arvixe Drupal hosting is affordable for $4/mo regularly. But if you sign up for 1 month or 3 months, the cost is $7/mo. Besides this plan, there is also another plan priced from $7/mo to $10/mo. Currently, no discount or coupon is offered.
Arvixe provides some freebies, including $100 Google AdWords Voucher and $100 Yahoo/Bing Voucher. More importantly, it offers free domain name for life, which is very money-saving.
As for the payments, Arvixe accepts the online PayPal payment as well as the credit cards of Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. And it offers 60 days money back guarantee so that customers can rest assured to purchase.
Arvixe Drupal Hosting Features
Arvixe Drupal hosting integrates some good features to ensure the online Drupal websites running smoothly. It comes dual versions of PHP (PHP 4 and PHP 5) and the latest MySQL 5 databases, which means no matter the website is using Drupal 6, 7, and 8, the users can always find the proper version of PHP.
Besides, Arvixe Drupal hosting also provides other features to make its web servers friendly to Drupal, such as
- PHP memory_limit is set to be 256 MB, which is large enough to run a plenty of applications.
- Apache mod_rewrite is installed to allow customers customize their URLs cleanly and shortly.
- cPanel control panel integrated to make the management of Drupal websites and web server simply.
Moreover, this company provides unlimited disk storage, monthly transfer, subdomains, FTP accounts and many more, enabling users to focus on promoting their blogs as well as online stores without any hassles. Also, Arvixe grants users with some other advanced features like DDoS attack response and Brute Force Detection for an optimal hosting experience.
You can also check out many other features in below.
Free Domain1 For Life
Google AdWords$100 FREE
Money Back60 Days
PHP4 & 5
Ruby on RailsYes
Python w/h CGIYes
Perl w/h CGIYes
Those features offered by Arvixe are good. However, if you want one of the these features – Git, CVS, application rollback, or easy Google Apps integration, you should be quite disappointed. Besides, Arvixe actually cannot keep all the software on its servers up-to-date, so you should always make sure that what you need is available by contacting sales.
Arvixe Drupal Hosting Performance & Reliability
Arvixe Drupal hosting is neither fast, nor reliable. Although the company confidently guarantees 99.9% uptime but in fact, according to our monitoring statistics, it performs only 99.8% online in most months. Frankly speaking, the reliability is very poor in the Drupal hosting field. See the real-time monitoring data as the following.
Arvixe has partnered with a collocation provider for data center and network service. With multiple SAS 70 Type II Certified data centers located in Dallas and Houston, the company claims complete redundancy in supplying power for the servers and heating, ventilation and air conditioning, but our monitoring tells another story. Besides, numerous other complaints about the frequent downtimes can also be founded easily on Google.
In addition uptime, Arvixe does’t do well in speed, either. The server response takes about 700ms, not to mention the slow page loads. Below is the server response monitoring.
Arvixe Drupal Hosting Support
At last, we have to mention the poor Drupal support of Arvixe. The company indeed offers 24×7 technical support via phone, live chat, and email ticket, and provides rich Drupal-related resources like help articles, knowledgebase, forums, tutorials, etc on the official website. However, there are serious criticisms against the support services.
- The support team is not responsive. Tickets are usually not replied within 24 hours, and phones calls are reponsed slowly, too.
- The support representatives are of low efficiency. Those on live chat do not help at all. They always say your problems will be resolved by someone, but issues remain unresolved for days or even weeks.
- Many users simply say the technical support offered by Arvixe is “terrible”.
Arvixe Drupal Hosting Upgrade Options
In the sections above, we have carefully analyzed and reviewed the shared hosting packages of Arvixe, which is mainly targeted towards individuals and small business owners.
In fact, Arvixe also provides other types of hosting options, with which users are able to upgrade their current needs for handling more traffic and getting more control over the servers.
- Business Hosting: Users choosing this type of hosting services are able to enjoy a hosting environment that is expected to be more stable and faster than the personal-class services. The company provides two plans at $22/mo and $35/mo in respective.
- VPS Hosting: VPS hosting is ideal for those who are hovering between a shared hosting and a dedicated server. This type of hosting services grant you with more control on the server than a shared plan and costs you less than taking a dedicated server offering. Arvixe now has two plans for you to choose, including VPSClass and VPSClass Pro. It includes unlimited bandwidth, 50GB-100GB disk space, 1.5GB-3GB memory, 4-8 CPU cores, and 2 IP addresses within these plans.
- Dedicated Servers: Arvixe dedicated hosting services are premium, coming with 100% server management, nightly security updates, and many more. At present, this company provides a total of six plans for single-processor servers and two plans for multiple-processor servers at a price that ranges from $128.7/mo to $357.50/mo.
What needs extra attention is that none of these services comes with a high value. With a price that is not low, you only get poor server performance and un-helpful technical support. And according to our reviews, the features are limited, too. So if you want a VPS or dedicated server, we will suggest the more reliable web hosts like BlueHost and HostGator.
Conclusion – Not Recommended
From this review, Arvixe Drupal hosting services are affordable, but far away from being fast, reliable or professional. So when taking both the price value and hosting performance into consideration, we personally think this web host is not a good choice for hosting Drupal websites.
To check more options, learn some details about the following Drupal hosting providers that have received numerous compliments.