Arvixe and Site5 are experienced hosting providers serving thousands of Drupal users. With more than 10 years’ history in the industry, the 2 web hosts have been delivering quality to all clients.
We reviewed and compared Arvixe and Site5 carefully and finally came to the conclusion that the former provides much more affordable and worry-free solutions although both of them are reliable.
To present the similarities and differences, the entry-level plans – Arvixe PersonalClass and Site5 hostBasic – have been selected for a comparison. Below are the ratings given to the 2 plans.
|Plan in Comparison||PersonalClass||hostBasic|
|Editorial Review||Arvixe Review||Site5 Review|
Brief Introduction to Arvixe and Site5
Founded in 2003, Arvixe is a well-known company that provide an extensive range of web hosting services for individuals as well as enterprises across the world. By leveraging a total of three state-of-the-art data centers in US, Europe, and Asia, this company is dedicated to offering users with an optimum hosting experience.
Site5, on the other hand, is a company with more than 18 years of hosting experience since 1998. Based in California, US, the company now has hundreds of staff being ready to serve users in different countries and regions.
With the purpose of helping readers make a better choice between the two companies, we have thoroughly reviewed multiple aspects of these shared web hosting packages in the following. Now, scroll down to get more detailed explanations.
What You Can Get from Both Web Hosts
Arvixe and Site5 have many similarities most of which exist in the features, such as the development features, account management tools and server resources. The normal needs of Drupal users can be well covered as both the PersonalClass plan and hostBasic plan include the following things.
- Unlimited resources. You can get unlimited disk storage and bandwidth, and create an unlimited number of MySQL databases, email accounts and FTP accounts.
- cPanel control panel. All the advantages of cPanel are at hand: file manager, website stats, phpMyAdmin, etc.
- Softaculous Drupal installer. With this tool, Drupal is installed and updated automatically. So are 300+ other popular scripts.
- Programming languages. The availability of PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby and SSI provides enough power for developers.
- Security features. You have access to SSH, shared SSL, SFTP and daily automated backups.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee. Both web hosts guarantee 99.9% uptime and offer a credit if they fail to keep the promise. According to monitoring, Arvixe has done a little better. The average uptime of this company in the past half a year is 99.94% while that for Site5 is 99.91%. Read the statistics of Arvixe in below.
How Arvixe Wins over Site5
As a shared hosting provider recommended at Drupal.org, Arvixe has fully optimized its hosting solutions for Drupal. You can rest assured that your growing needs can always be satisfied as the company also offers VPS and dedicated servers besides shared hosting.
Below are the edges of Arvixe PersonalClass over Site5 hostBasic.
Much cheaper price
hostBasic is priced at $4.95/mo for 2-year billing and $5.95/mo for 1-year billing. You can only make a choice between these 2 terms since other billing cycles are not allowed.
PersonalClass is priced from $4/mo regularly, which is quite affordable. However, this price can still be discounted 30% if you apply the coupon code BWH360 during the checkout, so the effective price starts at $2.8/mo only, much lower than that of hostBasic. With this low rate, you can also gain some other benefits.
- More flexible billing cycles. Monthly, semi-annual, annual and biennial billing terms give you more options.
- More free extras, including a free domain for life, $100 Google AdWords credits and $100 Yahoo/Bing search marketing credits.
Longer money back guarantee
Nowadays, many web hosting providers in the field are offering a money back guarantee that lasts for 30 days on average for to make users’ purchase worry and risks free. As for Site5, the company lengthens the period to 45 days.
However, Arvixe has gone a step further than its rival in this point of view. It allows users to test out the hosting services in a hassle-free manner. If for any reasons users are not sufficiently satisfied with Arvixe services, they can terminate their hosting accounts and request for a full refund within the initial 60 days.
Better web hosting features
As is mentioned in the similarities, the features included in PersonalClass and hostBasic are good. But PersonalClass comes with more advantages, including the following ones.
- More domains are allowed. Using PersonalClass, you can host a maximum of 6 domains on a single account, while hostBasic only supports to host 1 website. PersonalClass is of much higher value.
- PostgreSQL is available, which gives more database choices for Drupal users.
Faster speed with SSDs
Arvixe runs different services on separate servers to ensure the best performance possible. Now all of their database servers, application servers and mail servers are running on SSDs which can deliver 3 times faster loading speed than HDDs. Also, CloudFlare CDN is utilized for caching and acceleration.
Our monitoring tells that Arvixe is about 30% faster than Site5 in server response and 40% faster in page loads. Now read the following chart for the monitored server response time of Arvixe.
Better support experience
Both of Arvixe and Site5 offer the following means for customers to get support on billing or technical issues:
- Live chat, email & phone.
- A knowledgebase with hundreds of well-made tutorials.
The support teams of the 2 web hosts are quite responsive and responsible. The difference is that the phone support of Site5 is only available on work hours during 10 AM-6 PM from Monday to Friday, while that of Arvixe is available 24×7.
Besides, Arvixe offers an active forum where you can view and take part in any topic about hosting. You are able to ask for help or even make friends there.
Higher customer satisfaction rate
As one of the most reputable web hosts, Arvixe is welcomed by a tremendous number of bloggers, store keepers, developers, and many other types of users on a global scale. With years of development, the company has indeed earned itself a terrific reputation in the whole field.
Up to now, we have received a total of 276 reviews from active customers of this company on BestHostingSearch, a comprehensive and professional hosting review site. According to our analysis, there are up to 99.95% of these customers appreciating the various aspects of Arvixe hosting services, including the performance, control panel, technical support, etc.
Windows hosting available
If you want a Windows hosting platform for trial or development, Arvixe has got it prepared. The same unlimited resources, 6 hosted domains and marketing credits – all of these are included in a package which is now available at $3.5/mo with the use of the coupon code BWH360. Also, the 60-day money back guarantee is the same as Linux hosting.
Site5 Edges in Drupal Hosting
Compared with Arvixe, Site5 has its own advantages, too. Having been offering hosting services for over 15 years, the company has invested much in development and innovation. Currently, the main edges of this company are:
- More server location choices. Site5 uses servers in multiple geographic locations – 10 in the US, 3 in Canada, 2 in Brazil, 1 in the UK, 3 in Europe and 2 in Asia. These locations ensure enough choices for clients around the world. Existing customers can change the server location by paying an increased monthly hosting fee.
- Backstage account management. Backstage is a self-developed account manager unique to Site5 customers. Within the interface, you can create separate users and manage their permissions, view the server status, manage domains and submit support tickets easily.
Conclusion: The Choice Is Yours
Site5 could be better than Arvixe if your target visitors are outside the US. But if you host Drupal for local business within the country or need a platform for development, Arvixe is absolutely the more favorable option due to the low-cost but powerful hosting solutions. With the 60-day refund guarantee, you can feel safe when trying the Drupal hosting service.