Both eHost and BlueHost are enjoying vast popularity in the shared hosting industry. A large difference, however, is that the former is specialized in shared hosting, while the latter also provides many other hosting services including VPS and cloud hosting.
This comparison between eHost and BlueHost will make their similarities and differences in shared hosting clear enough for you to make a choice. So you are able to know which is cheaper, which is more feature rich, and which is faster.
For the general information, you can check the ratings below.
The Same Things Between eHost and BlueHost
Both putting a lot of focus on shared hosting, eHost and BlueHost provide many hosting features in common, such as an easy-to-use control panel, rich development features, and a script installer. Besides, they offer good technical support via various ways.
Here are more details about the similarities.
- cPanel – As this control panel is the best one in its kind, it is offered by both eHost and BlueHost for free. You are able to manage websites, monitor resource usage and enhance website security easily with the cPanel.
- Auto script installer – eHost offers QuickInstall, and BlueHost provides SimpleScripts. Both installers support the auto installation of dozens of widely used scripts. Completely no technical skill is required.
- Development features – All the shared hosting plans of the two web hosts include PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, SSH, Cron Jobs, FastCGI, etc. Most developers will find the plans good to use.
- Favorable refund guarantee – eHost offers a 45-day refund guarantee. BlueHost allows customers to ask for a full refund within 30 days, while it also allows requesting a pro-rated refund at any time.
- 24×7 expert support – Both web hosts have an expert team offering technical assistance via live chat, phone and email. The support service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Besides, the two companies have a knowledgebase with numerous articles and rich resources.
What Are the Differences?
eHost and BlueHost have significant differences in several vital aspects including the server performance, hosting resources, scalability, and price.
Web hosting plans and scalability
eHost doesn’t have a complete product line. Instead, the company offers only one shared hosting plan, which means there is no room to scale. The plan is available at $2.75/mo now with a 50% discount for the initial term, and it is priced from $5.98/mo for renewals. The renewal price for the monthly term is as expensive as $13.98/mo.
In contrast to the competitor, BlueHost provides 3 shared hosting plans as well as a large number of other upgrade options. When signing up with the company, you can choose a plan based on the current needs, and then make an upgrade if necessary.
BlueHost plans are priced from $7.99/mo, but now, up to 63% discounts are open to the first-time customers, so that you can make a purchase starting at $2.95/mo. These prices are very affordable.
A free domain is also included in BlueHost shared hosting plans. In addition, you may get $200 ads credits depending on the plan you buy.
Since eHost and BlueHost offer different plans, they allot different resources to their users, too. The eHost plan comes with unlimited disk storage, email accounts, databases, etc, while BlueHost sets the limits based on the plans’ prices. You can get the details in the following table.
|Disk Space||Unlimited||50 GB||Unlimited|
|Get the Deal||–||Promo Link||Promo Link|
Both eHost and BlueHost use reliable data centers featuring multiple layers of redundancy for the key systems like security, cooling and power supply. However, our uptime monitoring shows a difference between the two web hosts’ real uptime records.
eHost is able to offer 99.9% uptime in about 7 months in a year, while BlueHost can guarantee such a high uptime percentage in almost every month. The average uptime of the former in the past 12 months is 99.92%, but BlueHost has achieved about 99.96%.
The chart below displays the uptime of BlueHost in the recent 30 days.
Compared with eHost which completely depends on third-party providers for data center services and networks, BlueHost has done much more to guarantee the optimal hosting experience. The efforts BlueHost has made include:
- Building its own servers and keeping optimizing them to ensure the maximum performance.
- Developing a resource protection technology to prevent the users on shared servers from being affected by others who consume excessive resources.
- Utilizing CDN to achieve several times faster speed for content delivery.
According to monitoring, BlueHost servers respond to requests in a speed that is over 50% faster than eHost servers. You can see the chart below for BlueHost server response time.
Conclusion – BlueHost Is the Better Choice
The details in this comparison show that BlueHost is definitely the winner when it has to compete with eHost. It has the optimal performance; the plans are affordable, and there are enough upgrade options available. In addition, BlueHost has been maintaining a good reputation among the existing users.
Therefore, no matter you are going to start a personal blog or host an eCommerce store, going with BlueHost shouldn’t be wrong.