Both being famous for green web hosting services, GreenGeeks and HostPapa have obtained their own edges in the industry. However, if you are fond of green hosting and want to make a choice between these two hosts, there are some important things to consider, for example, which one of them provides faster speed and better technical support.
Therefore, this comparison is written to eliminate all your confusion. As the similarities and differences are detailed, you are able to know which web host can better meet your needs.
At the beginning of the comparison, we’d show the following unbiased ratings to you.
What Are the Common Edges of GreenGeeks and HostPapa
GreenGeeks and HostPapa both do well in some aspects of their web hosting services, such as the ease of use, environment-friendliness, and the support methods.
- Green hosting – Both web hosts purchase certified green energy credits to compensate the power they consume to support their data center facilities, so the carbon footprint is fully offset. The difference is that GreenGeeks buys credits equaling to 300% of the power it uses, while HostPapa purchases 100% credits.
- cPanel – Both companies utilize this industry-leading control panel to make it easy to manage files, domains, websites, etc from a central place. Even beginners can acquire the skills quickly.
- Softaculous installer – GreenGeeks and HostPapa support the 1-click install of over 300 applications by offering Softaculous script installer. Starting a blog with the installer can be done in minutes.
- Free website migration – Both web hosts promise to transfer your website from your previous host to their servers for free. If you have a website hosted elsewhere, you can ask for this service from them.
- 24×7 technical support – GreenGeeks and HostPapa allow you to reach their support team at any time. The available communication methods include phone calls, live chats, email, and their ticket system.
What Are Their Differences
GreenGeeks and HostPapa are different in many aspects, including the price, resource allocation of plans, performance, and the response speed for support tickets.
Plans & prices
Both companies offer 3 shared hosting plans and rate them at affordable prices.
GreenGeeks starter plan starts at $4.95/mo regularly. Now by using the promotional link below, you are able to get 20% off and pay for the plan at $3.96/mo only. Included in the plan are not only all the features you need to build and host websites but also 1 lifetime free domain and an online marketing package.
HostPapa starter plan is priced from $5.99/mo, which is also affordable. What’s better, the plan is currently discounted, so that you can buy it at $3.95/mo. The other two plans are now available from $5.95/mo and $12.95/mo, while their regular prices are $9.99/mo and $18.99/mo.
HostPapa also provides a free domain, but the domain is only free during the first year. You have to renew it when the free term ends.
According to our reviews, GreenGeeks provides better features and more resources in its shared hosting plans. Available at a low price, its starter plan includes unlimited storage, unlimited email accounts, CDN, and many other features that are not available in HostPapa starter plan. Below is the comparison of the important features.
|Disk Storage||Unlimited||100 GB|
|PHP & MySQL|
|Refund Guarantee||30 Days||30 Days|
|How to Claim||Link Activation||–|
GreenGeeks and HostPapa offer a guarantee of 99.9% uptime to convince users that their web hosting services are reliable. Besides, both of them utilize UPS power systems, around-the-clock monitoring and 24×7 security, trying to keep their service uninterrupted.
However, in our uptime monitoring, GreenGeeks is the only one that reaches the guaranteed uptime percentage. You can read its monitoring statistics in below.
As for HostPapa, this company cannot deliver 99.9% in most months. The real uptime usually floats from 99.8% to 99.9%.
Both GreenGeeks and HostPapa have equipped their shared servers with SSDs in order to provide optimal speed to their customers. But monitoring shows that the former is about 40% faster than the latter. The reasons include:
- GreenGeeks provides 3 data center locations including Chicago and Phoenix in the US, and Toronto in Canada. These locations ensure that users in most areas in North America can enjoy fast speed. HostPapa only uses a data center in Toronto.
- GreenGeeks builds its network infrastructure and server hardware carefully, and optimize them regularly.
- The company offers free CloudFlare CDN to guarantee better speed.
Below is the comparison of the server response speed of GreenGeeks and HostPapa.
Support speed and quality
GreenGeeks is one of the few web hosts that provide the fastest technical support. If you call the support team or start a chat online, you can reach a support agent in seconds, and if you open a ticket in the helpdesk, you will receive replies in minutes. The support agents are tested to be professional, polite, and patient.
HostPapa also provides good technical support, but the waiting time is much longer. Tickets are sometimes replied after 12 hours of the submission.
Which Host to Choose?
We suggest GreenGeeks. It has all the advantages owned by HostPapa, as well as better uptime, speed, and features. Besides, the technical support is faster.
Therefore, no matter you want a cheap hosting package or optimal performance, trying GreenGeeks is the better solution.