MidPhase is an experienced web host that starts the services since 1998. When talking about it, the first impression flashing on your mind might be the great registration service for domain names. But when it comes to its Drupal hosting solution, have this company done a good job?
In the following, we have showcased a comprehensive MidPhase review on Drupal hosting, considering its price value, Drupal compatibility, hosting performance and support quality.
General Information of MidPhase Drupal Hosting
With this Drupal host, there are three hosting packages which are suitable for personal, professional and business utilization respectively.
- Personal Web Hosting – Charged starting at $2.95/mo, this package only supports one website, with one database and sub-domain included.
- Professional Hosting – Charged starting at $4.95.mo, this one sets the restriction of supported sites and databases to three, and allows five sub-domains. Besides, it offers a domain protection service against spam and virus.
- Business Web Hosting – Charged starting at $7.95.mo, this plan sets everything unlimited, and allows the utilization of a dedicated IP address and SSL for free.
In fact, all of the three packages offers a free domain name, free setup service that is worth $10, cPanel control panel, Softaculous installer and 30 days money back guarantee, etc.
However, we have to mention three aspects in particular as below.
- The above-mentioned prices can only be got for a three-year ordering in one time. As for the monthly ordering, the price level is from $5.95/mo.
- Every package claims to offer the unlimited web space and bandwidth. But according to the Terms of Service of MidPhase, you might face the account penalty if you consume too many resources, far exceeding the virtually allocated volume offered by this company.
- There is an official coupon code SAVEME40 offered by MidPhase, with which you can enjoy a 40% discount, saving at least $71 with a three-year purchase.
Pros of MidPhase Drupal Hosting
100% Drupal Compatibility
According to Drupal.org, the system requirements of running Drupal properly include the following aspects.
- Web server – Drupal works on all the web servers, among which the Apache one is recommended.
- Database – Among multiple databases available, MySQL, Maria DB and Percona Server are highly recommended.
- PHP – No matter for which Drupal version, the PHP 5.x is the minimum requirement.
- Disk space – 15 megabytes is the minimum requirement for Drupal installation. But for a standard website, 60 MB is required.
After checking the features offered by MidPhase, we have found that all of these requirements are fully met by this web host. Besides, it runs PHP as suPHP, so that the security of the Drupal sites can be highly guaranteed.
Great Perks Program
MidPhase strives to offer the most cost-effective Drupal hosting, so it offers a long list of features and charges at a budget-friendly rate. Besides these, however, this web host also has an exclusive Perks Program, offering some professional SEO tools ($297 valued) for 90 days, $100 CardMail credits, 20% discount for PC backup and many more.
Satisfactory Uptime and Speed
MidPhase regards the uptime and hosting speed as two of the top priorities, so it adopts a Tier 3 data center for locating the high-specified web servers. The data center is located in Lindon, Utah, which is a disaster-free place ensuring an ultimate security and stability of server working.
Besides, to make sure that all the servers can work properly at any time, the data center is featuring a redundant power supply, smoke detection system, advanced climate control and on-site infrastructure monitoring.
As for achieving a peak performance, MidPhase utilizes multiple network carriers and redundant connectivity.
We have checked SiteGeek to figure out how many MidPhase-supported websites are in downtime during the past 5 days. According to the result, only tens of sites all over the world are unavailable temporarily.
In terms of our testing website, it achieves a 98.83% uptime, encountering 4 downtimes which are 45 minutes on average.
As for the hosting speed, the testing site generally requires 600 ms for returning a response. The speed is not unsurpassed, but can satisfy the common webmasters.
Cons of MidPhase Drupal Hosting
Poor Basic Plan
Without doubt, MidPhase Personal Web Hosting is cheap, which can be afforded without burden even by students. However, the features offered by this plan are surprisingly poor, only allowing for one website, one database and one sub-domain. To be frank, this kind of feature-poor package can rarely meet the needs of the majority of serious webmasters.
Complaints about Support Service
The support team of MidPhase claims to be online 24/7 via online chat, hotline and email. However, after searching for the customer reviews on Google, we have found that many people are complaining the efficiency of its support service. Below are some examples.
Based on this review, the Drupal hosting offered by MidPhase is not bad. But for some people looking for the top-notch service, this might not be a good option. In the following, we’d like to introduce some alternatives, offering the top Drupal hosting services with the best prices.