As for the Drupal hosting of NameCheap and BlueHost, both of these two web hosts have done good, offering budget-friendly hosting packages with rich features, fast page loading speed, responsive technical support, and a high level of hosting reliability. Therefore, when choosing between them, many Drupal users may feel confused.
In this case, we have made a NameCheap vs BlueHost comparison, demonstrating which one is the better Drupal hosting provider in the following.
Price Comparison – NameCheap is Better
To be frank, NameCheap is a cheap hosting provider that charges you starting at $0.28/mo only, even the most popular package of Professional Plan can purchased at the price of $1.66/mo. Here, we have to note that this level of cheap charging is only valid to new customers with the 1-year billing circle. Nevertheless, the renewal price of NameCheap is also affordable, starting at $3.24/mo effectively.
In terms of BlueHost, this web host releases a special promotional link, cutting the hosting charge down to $2.95/mo, up to 63% off the regular rates. Frankly speaking, although BlueHost Drupal hosting is not as cheap as that of NameCheap, this level of hosting price still can be afforded easily by the majority of Drupal bloggers.
Feature/Drupal Compatibility Comparison – Both are Great
In fact, the basic hosting features for a proper Drupal running including:
- The latest version of PHP, MySQL and Apache web server
- At least 256 MB of PHP memory limit
- Run suPHP as PHP handler
- Sufficient allocation of disk storage, RAM, monthly data transfer, email accounts, FTP accounts, sub-domains and add-on domains
- Easy-to-use control panel with the 1-click Drupal installation
- Daily backup service for website data and files
- Free extras such as advertising credits and domain name registration
After checking their feature lists, we have found that both of these two web hosts have fully met the above-mentioned requirements, achieving a rich-featured Drupal hosting along with 100% Drupal compatibility.
Uptime & Performance Comparison – BlueHost is Better
Both of them claim to offer at least 99.9% uptime and super-blazing page loading speed for Drupal-powered websites. In order to test which one is better, we have set up two identical Drupal blogs that are hosted by them respectively, and then, started a performance monitoring using Pingdom.
After 6 months of uninterrupted testing, we have found that BlueHost has achieved 100% uptime and NameCheap has achieved 99.93% uptime.
As for the hosting speed, the server response time of BlueHost is around 320 ms, faster than that of NameCheap which is about ms.
What contribute to the great hosting performance of BlueHost include the quality DELL branded web servers, redundant networks and three world-class data centers that are self-owned.
- All the DELL web servers are composed by robust components that are factory tested.
- The network is highly redundant with the high-performing gear to ensure high throughput and low latency.
- The data centers are all equipped with cutting-edge technologies to guarantee the unceasing running of web servers. Besides, all the facilities are 24/7 monitored by technicians.
Technical Support Comparison – BlueHost Wins Slightly
Both of them have paid much attention to the technical support, so that they all build up a professional support team that is available around-the-clock. Once you are in trouble, you can ask for help via the ticket system, toll-free hotline, email and live chat button.
Besides, to give newbies more knowledge about Drupal hosting, they also have set up the knowledge base that contains a large number of useful tutorials.
As for the support efficiency, however, BlueHost has gained a better customer satisfaction. According to the online survey, we haven’t received any bad words of BlueHost support service. As for NameCheap, some customers have complained that they need to wait a long time for getting the email reply.
NameCheap vs BlueHost – Which is Better for Drupal
Without doubt, both NameCheap and BlueHost have some exclusive advantages and disadvantages.
NameCheap wins over BlueHost
- It offers cheaper Drupal hosting than BlueHost that starts at $0.28/mo, plus affordable renewal charging.
- It offers more hosting packages to meet different hosting needs of all the Drupal users.
BlueHost wins over NameCheap
- It guarantees anytime time money back which is better than NameCheap 14-day refund policy.
- It achieves a better uptime track record and faster page loading speed.
- BlueHost allocates more server resources to its cheapest hosting plan.
- BlueHost offers more responsive technical support.
Obviously, BlueHost wins more games than NameCheap when it comes to the Drupal hosting service. Besides, this web host has been listed as the top one option by Drupal.org.