This is an in-depth comparison between SiteGround VS GoDaddy designed to help customers understand their pros and cons. Note that we mainly compare them in terms of the prices, features, speed, uptime, and technical support.
SiteGround and GoDaddy are two experienced web hosting providers in the field. To clarify whether they are good at Drupal web hosting services, we come out this comparison based on our real hosting experience and verified customer reviews. As a result, we find that both of them can ensure websites well online, but cannot deliver very stunning performance and cost-effectiveness.
SiteGround VS GoDaddy Overview
The below is an overall comparison table, which displays the backgrounds and vote ratings on specific aspects of both SiteGround and GoDaddy.
In the following part, we introduce the pros and cons of SiteGround and GoDaddy separately. With the clear introduction and thorough comparison, you can completely know two companies and easily make a choice.
The Pros and Cons of SiteGround
Founded in 2003, SiteGround is a reputable web host in Sofia Bulgaria. Its data centers spread across the globe, in U.S. Europe, and Singapore. With robust services and 10+ years of reputation, it has earned over 300,000 domains and 400,000+ customers worldwide.
The Pros of SiteGround
- SiteGround offers 3 upgradeable plans named as Startup, GrowBig, and GoGeek. Customers can choose a proper one based on the current requirements and upgrade easily when the site grown.
- The basic Startup plan is affordable, starting at $3.95/mo presently, 70% off the regular price for $9.9/mo and along with free domain & free CloudFlare CDN.
- The company offers 30 days money back guarantee to enable customers ask refund if they are unsatisfied with the service within 30 days.
- It utilizes cPanel control panel, which offers easy-to-understand interface and allows users to manage their websites, domains, databases, email accounts with great ease.
- The company provides 24×7 technical support via phone, live chat and email.
The Cons of SiteGround
- The basic Startup plan is seriously limited, with only one website and 10 GB disk space allowed, which make it only a toy for beginners. For customers need powerful features, they need to go GrowBig that is high to $6.95/mo.
- The company attracts customers with low initial price and large discount, but comes with high renewal prices.
- The money back guarantee only allows customers to request pro-rated refund, but not full refund. All the free services are charged when refunded.
The Pros and Cons of GoDaddy
Established in 1997, GoDaddy is the largest domain registrar and a famous web hosting provider. It has multiple data centers located in Arizona, Iowa, California, Colorado, Washington, D.C., and India. It offers nearly everything that customers need online, such as domains, web hosting packages, website builder, online store, SSL & site protection, and more.
The Pros of GoDaddy
- GoDaddy is a comprehensive and large company, coming with superior customer services and technical support.
- The company offers both Linux and Windows web hosting plans, which give customers flexible choices no matter what kind of platform they prefer.
- It offers 3 shared hosting plans as Economy, Deluxe, and Ultimate, starting at $5.99/mo, 33% off the regular price.
- It integrates cPanel into Linux web hosting plans, giving users an easy-to-manage interface to handle their accounts. As well, the Plesk panel in Windows hosting package are also simple to use.
- It offers 30%+ discount for new customers in the first billing, which is along with 30 days money back guarantee.
- Customers are available to get phone and email support 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so that they can always get instant and efficient support.
The Cons of GoDaddy
- GoDaddy mainly focuses on domain name registration, devoting less effort into web hosting services.
- GoDaddy Economy plan is very limited, coming with 1 websites, 100 GB disk space, 10 MySQL databases, 100 Email accounts, which make the plan only suitable for newbies. For customers with multiple websites, they have to choose Deluxe plan that is $6.99/mo.
- The company attracts customers with discounted price but charges high regular price and renewal prices for the existed customers.
- It doesn’t provide live chat support for customers, which makes customers who are non-English speakers disappointed for the support.
According to the above comparison, although SiteGround and GoDaddy can keep the website running smooth, but they don’t offer very stunning services. To be honest, we don’t recommend you hosting on them, but suggest you to go with the following excellent web hosts.
InMotion Hosting, BlueHost and A2Hostingare the 3 best Drupal hosting providers that offer reliable services with affordable price, unlimited features, 99.9% uptime, fast server response speed, and professional technical support.